Appellate, Federal, & Local Rules
Court Holidays
Court Locations
Court Reporters
Central Violations Bureau
District Statistics
Fee Schedule
Other Helpful Links
Judges' Calendars
Directory & Biographies
Judges' Policies & Procedures
Standing Orders
Opinions/Notable Cases
General Information
Jury Plan
Trial Jurors Handbook
Grand Jurors Handbook
Austin Jury Instructions
Del Rio Jury Instructions
El Paso Jury Instructions
Midland/Odessa Jury Instructions
Pecos Jury Instructions
San Antonio Jury Instructions
Waco Jury Instructions
Application for Admission to Practice
Change of Address
Certificate of Good Standing
Mediator Information
Pro Bono Civil Appointments
Approved Surety List
Service of Process
Federal Records Center
Courtroom Technology
Registry Funds Information
U.S. Attorney (Texas/Western), Illegal Reentry Fast-Track Program
Cash Bail Forms
CJA Panel Standing Order, Questionnaire and Application
eVoucher Training Materials
Helpful Links
Alternative Dispute Resolution

Frequently Asked Questions

View Table: Facts   

Back to List 

Will I get my bond money back?
The return of bond money requires an order of the District Court. An application for return of cash bail, along with the original receipt, must be submitted. If the terms and conditions of the bond have not been met, the bond money may not be returned. Additionally, in certain situations, the U.S. Attorney can motion the Court to order that the bond money be used to offset any assessment, fine, restitution, or penalty imposed on the defendant. See 28 U.S.C. 2044. To receive more specific instructions, or to request a form Application for Return of Cash Bail, please contact the Financial Department of the U.S. District Clerk's Office in the District Court where the bond was posted.