Appellate, Federal, & Local Rules
Court Holidays
Court Locations
Court Reporters
Central Violations Bureau
District Statistics
Fee Schedule
Other Helpful Links
Judges' Calendars
Directory & Biographies
Judges' Policies & Procedures
Standing Orders
Opinions/Notable Cases
General Information
Jury Plan
Trial Jurors Handbook
Grand Jurors Handbook
Austin Jury Instructions
Del Rio Jury Instructions
El Paso Jury Instructions
Midland/Odessa Jury Instructions
Pecos Jury Instructions
San Antonio Jury Instructions
Waco Jury Instructions
Application for Admission to Practice
Change of Address
Certificate of Good Standing
Mediator Information
Pro Bono Civil Appointments
Approved Surety List
Service of Process
Federal Records Center
Courtroom Technology
Registry Funds Information
U.S. Attorney (Texas/Western), Illegal Reentry Fast-Track Program
Cash Bail Forms
CJA Panel Standing Order, Questionnaire and Application
eVoucher Training Materials
Helpful Links
Alternative Dispute Resolution

Frequently Asked Questions

View Table: Facts   

Back to List 

I was ordered to pay a special assessment, fine, restitution or other debt imposed in a criminal judgment. How do I submit payments?
If you are incarcerated (serving time in a jail or penitentiary): Payments toward your criminal debt may be deducted from your inmate account. Ask your case counselor for details.

If you are on probation: Your probation officer will provide instructions regarding how to submit your payments.

Should I deliver the payment in person or can I mail it?

1. Paying in person: Your case counselor or probation officer will assist you in determining where your payments should be made. Usually, payments for criminal debt are made to the Clerk, U.S. District Court in the city where the judgment was imposed. Effective August 1, 2001, all payments made at any Clerk's Office in the Western District of Texas must be made with a cashier's check or money order.

2. Paying by mail: If mailing a payment, please send only cashier's checks or money orders. You should also include the following information:

a. The case number,
b. Type of payment (special assessment, fine, restitution, etc.), and,
c. The name of the debtor (defendant).