Appellate, Federal, & Local Rules
Court Holidays
Court Locations
Court Reporters
Central Violations Bureau
District Statistics
Fee Schedule
Other Helpful Links
Judges' Calendars
Directory & Biographies
Judges' Policies & Procedures
Standing Orders
Opinions/Notable Cases
General Information
Jury Plan
Trial Jurors Handbook
Grand Jurors Handbook
Austin Jury Instructions
Del Rio Jury Instructions
El Paso Jury Instructions
Midland/Odessa Jury Instructions
Pecos Jury Instructions
San Antonio Jury Instructions
Waco Jury Instructions
Application for Admission to Practice
Change of Address
Certificate of Good Standing
Mediator Information
Pro Bono Civil Appointments
Approved Surety List
Service of Process
Federal Records Center
Courtroom Technology
Registry Funds Information
U.S. Attorney (Texas/Western), Illegal Reentry Fast-Track Program
Cash Bail Forms
CJA Panel Standing Order, Questionnaire and Application
eVoucher Training Materials
Helpful Links
Alternative Dispute Resolution

Frequently Asked Questions

View Table: Facts   

Back to List 

Can the deposit money be returned to the defendant's attorney?
Yes. A depositor may request that the money deposited as cash bail be assigned to the defendant's attorney or to any other party (e.g., a relative, friend, etc.) by completing an Application for Assignment of Bond Funds. An assignment application form is available upon request at the Clerk's Office or on the "Forms" section of this Court's website below. If the assignment is approved by the Court, the assignee can fill out an Application For Return of Cash Bail once the judgment against the defendant is final, or the case against the defendant has been dismissed.