Appellate, Federal, & Local Rules
Court Holidays
Court Locations
Court Reporters
Central Violations Bureau
District Statistics
Fee Schedule
Other Helpful Links
Judges' Calendars
Directory & Biographies
Judges' Policies & Procedures
Standing Orders
Opinions/Notable Cases
General Information
Jury Plan
Trial Jurors Handbook
Grand Jurors Handbook
Austin Jury Instructions
Del Rio Jury Instructions
El Paso Jury Instructions
Midland/Odessa Jury Instructions
Pecos Jury Instructions
San Antonio Jury Instructions
Waco Jury Instructions
Application for Admission to Practice
Change of Address
Certificate of Good Standing
Mediator Information
Pro Bono Civil Appointments
Approved Surety List
Service of Process
Federal Records Center
Courtroom Technology
Registry Funds Information
U.S. Attorney (Texas/Western), Illegal Reentry Fast-Track Program
Cash Bail Forms
CJA Panel Standing Order, Questionnaire and Application
eVoucher Training Materials
Helpful Links
Alternative Dispute Resolution

Frequently Asked Questions

View Table: Facts   

Back to List 

My friend or relative was arrested and charged with a crime in federal court in another city. Bond has been set and I would like to put up the money for the bond. Can I post his/her bond in the city in which I live?
As a general rule, cash bonds are normally posted in the United States District Court in the city in which the defendant's bond was set. However, it is a matter of discretion for any District Court to receipt bond money for a bond set in another district. The Financial Department of the U.S. District Clerk's Office in the District Court where you are seeking to deposit the bond money should be contacted for local procedures.