Please Note: The Attorney Admission Fee is now $208 (Effective December 1, 2020). If an Attorney Admissions Fee is being paid, it must be accompanied by an application for admission.
Admission to practice in the Western District of Texas is covered in Local Rule AT-1, Admission and Discipline of Attorneys.
Each divisional office has specific requirements that may be different from those specified in the local rules. Listed on this page are three of the divisional office requirements. For divisions not listed, contact the attorney admissions clerk (in that office) for their requirements. The fee for Admission of Attorneys can be found on our Fee Schedule page.
(Resides within the Western District of Texas)
Applicant will submit application and requirements to the divisional office in which they reside.
(Resides outside the Western District of Texas)
Applicant will submit application and requirements to any one of our seven divisional offices.
*Once admitted, the attorney may practice in all seven divisional offices.*
This electronic dropbox is to be used by attorneys who:
Are seeking full Admission to practice in the Western District of Texas.
- Are filing a motion for pro hac vice for a specific case,
- Are submitting additional documents that have been requested by the Clerk’s Office,
- Are submitting their executed Oath.
- Verify your application is complete and all questions have been answered. Also make sure that all required documents are attached. A /s/ is not accepted as a signature.
- Pay the attorney admissions fee, by clicking on the below link. Include your receipt of payment with your application.
- Submit your application only when all requirements are included as one PDF.
- Click on the divisional office link and submit a Single PDF which includes your complete application and attorney admission fee receipt via the electronic dropbox.
- Our office will review the application and identify if any additional information is needed.
Please direct all questions via email to the CM/ECF Help Desk or visit the Western District of Texas Web Site for more informaiton.