E-filers must complete this one-time procedure to activate filing privileges for any federal court that has upgraded to CM/ECF NextGen. Once the accounts are successfully linked, e-filers must use their PACER username and password to electronically file documents with the Court.
- Filers must have both their individual upgraded PACER account credentials and their CM/ECF e-filing credentials to link their accounts.
- If you do not have an individual PACER account, follow the Create an individual PACER – Case Search Only Account instructions before completing these steps.
- If you are unsure if your PACER account is upgraded, follow the Upgraded account instructions to verify account status and/or upgrade your legacy PACER account.
- If you do not remember or cannot find your PACER account credentials, contact PACER to reset them.
- If you do not remember or cannot find your CM/ECF e-filing credentials, refer to our court’s public website on Forget Your Username and Password.
- Once you assemble the above credentials, go to the Western District of Texas’ CM/ECF Page.
- At the Welcome to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas screen, click the link for Western District of Texas – Document Filing System as shown here.
At the login screen, enter your individual upgraded PACER username and password, then click Login.
Note: DO NOT log in using a shared firm PACER account as this will lock out all other attorneys from your firm. All filers must have their own individual PACER account.
- Select the I understand that, if I file, I must comply with the redaction rules. I have read this notice checkbox, then select
- Go to Utilities > NextGen Release 1.1 Menu Items > Link a CM/ECF account to my PACER account.
- Enter your existing CM/ECF e-filing credentials in the CM/ECF login and CM/ECF password fields, then select Submit.
Note: If you do not remember or cannot find your CM/ECF e-filing credentials, refer to our court’s public website on Forget Your Username and Password.
- Verify that the CM/ECF account and PACER account listed are accurate and match. If so, select Submit.
Note: Make sure the accounts are individual PACER accounts; otherwise, linking to a shared firm account locks out all other attorneys from the firm.
- CM/ECF displays a confirmation screen that indicates the account link was successful.
- The accounts are now linked. Moving forward you must use your PACER credentials to access both PACER and CM/ECF for this Court.
- To see the filing menus, refresh the page by selecting any other menu choice except Logout.
- Once the screen is refreshed, the Civil and Criminal filing menus appear in the Menu bar. You can now file documents in the Western District of Texas.
If the menus do not appear, try any or all of the following:
- Reload the page (Windows: Ctrl + F5; Mac: Command + Shift + R); or
- Log out of CM/ECF, close your browser, and log back in; or
- Clear browsing history, cookies, and cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete). Close your browser and log back in.
- If you continue to experience issues, please contact email@example.com.