The United States District Court for the Western District of Texas in conjunction with our partners at the Administrative Office of the United States Courts, the General Services Administration (GSA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are taking the necessary steps to help ensure the safety of every person who has business in the courthouse.
We are actively monitoring the situation on the CDC website. This site is updated daily and provides CDC guidance to assist in protecting everyone.
Everyday preventative actions include but are not limited to:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
Flyers have been posted on each floor providing helpful information on preventing the spread of a virus.
If you are possibly sick or have recently traveled internationally and are concerned about appearing in person for a scheduled hearing, trial or jury service, please contact the Clerk’s Office in your respective location for more information.